Archive: Originally posted 10/10/2010 on Facebook.
Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 8:09pm
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
*Somebody my mother went to High school with (I think) and an ancestress
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
*When I had to write a death scene.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
*Depends on the pen. Usually, yes.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
*Shaved Virginia ham
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
*If I do, I misplaced 40 weeks of my life…. No.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
*I think so.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
*Are you kidding me?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
*Two, present and accounted for.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
*No, because a lot of jumpers are potheads in their spare time — and I don’t have a problem with the intoxication, I just don’t want to have to go get an epi-shot when I start wheezing.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
*Healthy one — Mini-wheats (not frosted) or a couple of different granolas
Sugar shocker — golden grahams.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
*Depends on the shoe. The ones with buckles, no.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
*Glacier Ice Cream’s Death by Chocolate (It’s literally Black, it’s such dark chocolate) mixed with their Mocha Almond fudge.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK?
*Red, but it has to have a blue base.
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
*A. D. K.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
*No, there are some things I don’t want to know about people. Mystery’s great.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW?
*Washed denim and black shoes. (Jeans and Docs.)
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
*Specifically, Legion (Janus) – VNV Nation. Generally, my 90% music playlist. (It has the audiobooks, spoken word and podcasts pulled out because I was taking the iPod Shuffle thingy and didn’t turn off the randomizer when I was done.)
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
*Pomegranate (if that’s a color now…)
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
*clover fields, lilac bushes in bloom (not lilac oil), vervain, benzoin, amber, Colorado mountain streams during spring melt up away from the exhaust fumes, vetiver, basil, carnation, geranium, ylang ylang… I’m an amateur perfumer. The better question is what don’t I like?
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
*Nobody sent it to me. I kyped it off Erin’s notes to see if I could get through it before Miranda got done with her restore.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
27. HAIR COLOR?
*This week? Red.
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
*Nope. Glasses all the way. And none of that funny Laser surgery… I’m okay with being myopic and I don’t want to trade it for presbyteroptic in 10-20 years.
30. FAVORITE FOODS?
*Thai Spring Rolls, a specific salad I make, spicy hummus and snickerdoodles. (This week. Try me next week and it’ll be different. Omnivore here.)
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
*This is an either/or question?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN THEATERS?
*Xmen Origins: Wolverine. It wasn’t a waste of my time. Fun.
33. DELETED FOR REDUNDANCY?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
*Spring and Fall.
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
*Depends who. From a slobbery toddler, Go HUGS! From others….
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
*Opportunistic — reading for research. Vienna in 1814, Regency Design, Following the Drum, The Duchess and about a hundred others.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
*Macbook. No mousepad.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
*Don’t watch it. I didn’t watch anything last night, but I have Dollhouse, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dr Who, the West Wing and Rome on my laptop, and Angel, BTVS, Firefly, Rome (Different seasons), Veronica Mars, Big Love, Robin Hood and Torchwood on DVD right now. I hate commercials and won’t pay for broadcast television that makes me suffer through commercials. I’ll rent/buy it.
42. FAVORITE SOUND(S)?
*Too many. With my eyes going south, my ears are starting to pick up slack.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
*I like covers of Beatles tunes better than covers of Rolling Stones tunes, but I don’t like either.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
*I write. I make perfume. I can tell you why a flu epidemic is a MUCH greater threat to the world than HIV, and why missing smallpox is a SCARY, SCARY thing. (Historical demography is such fun…) Oh… and what vampires have to do with corn.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
*St Joseph’s Hospital
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
*People who took the time to do it.
48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
*We went to this meeting — no, not that type of meeting. His ex wife and my ex-SO were both convinced they were polyamorous and C and I both being tolerant, open-minded, fair creatures that we are, accompanied them, though we were both pretty sure going in that we were more monogamous than not. (Actually, it may just be that we’re lazy and not the type to discuss feelings for a gazillion years. We’re both much more meditative and ‘don’t just do something, sit there’ types of people. Polyamory is a lot of work.) The exes hit it off explosively, then fell out explosively while C and I became really good friends first. When the SOs went ballistic, they didn’t want C and I to be friends anymore so both partnerships broke. Some time later, C and I decided to give each other a shot. We’ve been together since 2000, married since 2001. And still monogamous. The weird thing was even though I was happy with my SO when C and I met, there was a gear that ticked over in my head about five minutes after I met him. I knew I was not going to marry my ex SO. I was going to marry C. It was really weird because I’ve got a hard and fast rule — I don’t mess with the married.