Archive: originally posted to Facebook, 10/10/2010
(I don’t Facebook anymore.)
1. What is the color of your toothbrush?
White & grey — it’s an electric and keeps my dentist far happier, which makes me happier since novacaine hates redheads.
2. Name one person who made you smile today?
It was one of THOSE days. (This isn’t a question, by the way. It’s an imperative statement, and should have a period, not a question mark.)
3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Staring through a window.
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?
5. What is your favorite candy bar?
I don’t think they make it — it would be dark chocolate Mars bar (or Almond Snickers) topped with salt crystals. I’ve imagined it a million times. Dark toblerone or dark-chocolate covered pretzels…
6. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Yes, if burlesque counts. Oh, wait — yes. (Obviously, not memorable.)
7. What is the last thing you said aloud?
C and I were talking about cyberpunk, bionic eyes, my glaucoma and pending blindness, maintaining my independence, having to move to an actual city rather than suburbistan (for the public transit) and which of us would be more miserable — me, dependent and blind in the middle of nowhere, or even suburbistan, or him, stuck in a city. (Long conversation; I don’t recall exactly what the last phrase was.) (I said, it was one of THOSE days.)
8. What is your favorite ice cream?
Glacier Death by Chocolate. (It’s so dark chocolate, it’s black.)
9. What was the last thing you had to drink?
10. Do you like your wallet?
I own one. It works. I don’t have a value judgment on it at the moment…
11. What was the last thing you ate?
Veggie pita thingy, grapes and tabbouleh (not gyros; I can’t make those.)
12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
No. I try not to buy, and I make most of my clothing because according to clothing manufacturers, I’m too short to have these measurements and I only wear four (creeping towards a 5th) colors.
13. The last sporting event you watched?
Baseball, a year ago. I like live baseball, but haven’t gone this year since C (and all of my local friends) hate baseball.
14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?
I really hate the stuff, all flavors, all kinds. I don’t mind toffee corn once every year or so, but toffee corn is hard to find.
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to?
16. Ever go camping?
Lots. Girl Scout, and we still do it sometimes.
17. Do you take vitamins daily?
Nope. Lotsa veggies and fruit instead.
18. Do you go to church every Sunday?
*busts a gut*
19. Do you have a tan?
Ever seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Know how vampires in that ficton/’verse go poof when sunlight hits ’em? I’m not *quite* that bad…. so no.
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?
I’ll take bad Chinese over bad pizza (it’s hard to make lo mein inedible, but that’s not true of pizza), but I’d rather have extremely well done pizza over good Chinese.
I’d rather have Indian, Thai or Vietnamese than either.
21. Do you drink your soda with a straw?
Nope — I like sodas from bottles. Everything else but hot tea and milk, yes. I like both straws and my camelbak nalgene bottles.
22. What did your last text message say?
I knew it!! This is really from the NSA — asking about my religion, if I smile — you’re trying to make me out to be a humorless liberal terrorist, aren’t you?? Well, buddy, if you want to know about my texting habits, you can damn well subpoena my phone records and I’ll see you in court!
23. What are you doing tomorrow?
Same thing I do every day, Pinky. Try to take over the world.
24. Look to your left, what do you see?
Printer. Map of Galantier. Map of the Porsirian Continent. 2 pictures. Map of Watable paele. Post-it Easel pad for REALLY BIG sticky notes.
25. How many e-mail accounts do you have?
one that I check regularly; two that I use as spam dumps.
26. What color is your watch?
Black and gunmetal.
27. What do you think of when you hear Australia?
the three hours Baz Luhrmann owes me.
28. Do you go in a fast food place or go through drive through?
Drive through if it’s late or I’m alone. Don’t do much FF though. Something of a food snob.
29. Have you ever done any drugs other than marijuana?
Haven’t done pot. (Being allergic and all.) I’ve had fun with a few of my legit prescriptions (Staying awake on Ambien is fun…) but I know what complex molecules do to my brain. It doesn’t need help being weird…
30. What is your favorite number?
People have favorite numbers? Am I supposed to? Why didn’t I get this memo?
31. Who’s the last person you talked to on the phone?
Put that in the subpoena, too, buddy.
32. Any plans today?
Edit. Grocery store. Edit.
33. How many states have you lived in?
5. Indiana, Florida, Arizona, California, Colorado.
34. Biggest annoyance right now?
My optic nerves. My anterior cruciate ligaments (or lack thereof). Hypergraphia. And, the, then, of, that, [to be] + gerund constructions.
35. Last song listened to?
Eclipse (Dimension D Remix) by Apoptygma Berzerk is on. Dirt, by Assemblage 23, just finished. (Gotta love Industrial Blues.)
36. Can you say the alphabet backwards?
If pressed. I rarely reverse-alphabetize. Is there a pressing need for this bit of arcana?
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house?
As long as I’m capable of doing something, I will keep doing it before I’ll pay someone to do it for me. Knowing someday I will have to hire out the mopping and dusting and stuff is depressing, not something to look forward to. (Not that this makes me a good housekeeper, mind you…thus do I have a vacuuming robot.)
38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
Wing-tip Mary Jane 2.5″ heels, a pair of very old-fashioned (think 20s) laced pumps, 3 hole Doc Martens, black plaid keds. (Also, not a question again. Statement.)
39. Are you jealous of anyone?
Another memo I didn’t get.
40. Is anyone jealous of you?
If anyone is, zie needs to get a life.
41. Do you love anyone?
42. Do any of your friends have children?
Yes, some. Most don’t. Lots of acquaintances do, and remind me regularly why I don’t.
43. What do you usually do during the day?
Stuff. Just like you.
44. Do you hate anyone that you know right now?
I have a lot of contempt for certain individuals, but hate just takes energy I have better uses for. Better to ignore the ones I’m forced to deal with (by genetic chance or long association) than waste my precious mental cycles on something that only saps me and does nothing to them.
Now the day my hate actually affects someone other than me… *Very Evil Grin*
45. Do you use the word ‘hello’ daily.
Not really. Was that a question? Who is your proof-reader?
46. What color is your car?
*sigh* Gold. I wanted a different color, but that was the one that had the (lack of) “features*” we wanted that was on the lot on the day we went shopping. (Since we didn’t own a car at all at the time, we didn’t want to order one and wait.)
*AKA things that break and cost us a lot to fix…
47. Are you thinking about someone right now?
Not of a person… more hoping that my car manufacturer comes out with a boxy little efficient ScionB/Element/Soul type vehicle soon so I can trade in my gold thing and get the loyalty reward on top of the trade in value…
48. Where was the last place you went for vacation?
What is this word of which you speak? Most of the time, when I have to travel, it’s not optional. I don’t get much writing done when I’m not at home. I did spend three days by myself in Chicago decompressing recently…
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Nope. None of them.
50. How did you get your worst scar?
Well, there was this — oh, you mean physical. Four inches on L wrist from surgery to repair it — failed (turns out, my tendons are really soft…) It’s much older, so less obvious. Three inches on R knee from ACL repair… thinking that one may need more work here soon.
The psychic ones are far more interesting, but this isn’t group therapy and that NSA guy sitting in his basement isn’t entitled to those.